3.24.2010

Homepage Rage...

Has your facebook had this lately? The health care reform bill has been the favorite topic of late amongst all my "friends". I have to admit that I am truly surprised at how comfortable people feel divulging their political views with nothing but a computer screen separating them from people with completely opposing views. I NEVER discuss politics unless I am asked for my opinion, I usually feel that if someone takes the time to engage and actually ask me my views that he or she will at least respect my response (to my face at least). I just think it is SO interesting to see everyone's banter back and forth (especially when it gets a little dicey) because I know that some of the people sparring online would NEVER have the same exchange face to face. Are your friends talking about this? If so, are you as entertained by the homepage rage as I am?

7 comments:

  1. I am also surprised about this. Some people are getting mean! I totally agree that these arguments wouldn't be happening face to face...or at least this aggressively...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS...YES! I said a very vague political comment and it ran up some comments. I actually said to my friend today while walking, "I refuse to say anything else political on FB!"

    I also had some friends get "defriended" b/c of the political views on FB!

    SAD!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny b/c I was just talking to someone about that! It's crazy how wild people are getting fighting back and forth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admit I am guilty of this. Not so much the back and forth banter, but the expressing my opinion. Somethings just get me all fired up!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much mean talk. I don't like it at all. Sometimes I post funny pictures, articles, etc... I am a Republican but fall pretty much in the middle... not left or right so I can poke fun at everything ;) However, I am not pleased... just had to throw that in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, this is ALL my FB "Friends" post about these days. It's almost been enough to make me close my FB account...almost.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree. I think they feel 'faceless' even though everyone knows who you are. At least you can only 'yell' so much on FB.

    ReplyDelete