7.14.2011

Mixed Signals

"Oh Honey, I've got a fake laugh with your name written all over it."
~ Karen Walker

I am SO guilty of this. Trying to keep up appearances, and honestly, it's exhausting. I've learned over this past week that, to moms, there is a REALLY annoying phrase:
"I can't imagine {insert your kid's name here} ever acting up."
It sounds like a compliment, when in reality, it just makes me look like a bitchy mom who doesn't know what a real behavior issue is, and I don't, but age appropriate misbehaving really sucks to have to curb, too. I think I have the answer though...no more fake laughs and gritting my teeth behind a plastered on smile when this 5 year old whom I love more than life itself makes me want to pull my hair out with his smart mouth. Game on. Sweet son of mine, if you are reading this, (which would be GREAT, because it would mean we have graduated from the nightly BOB books before bed reading session) if I am mad, you will know...if I am not playing...you will know....no more mixed signals!

1 comment:

  1. This is so great, and I wish I had read it YEARS ago... actually, wait.... I think I can be honest with a 26 and 24 year old, can't I? Or am I supposed to keep my thoughts to myself... I always forget the answer to this one, or I get it wrong, I don't know which.

    ReplyDelete