9.13.2010

Aren't we all...

that mom? Remember Frances Mcdormand in "Almost Famous"? She drops her son off at a concert and SCREAMS with her head out of the window "Don't Do Drugs!". In my head it goes something like "Dear Lord, please protect the sweet heart of my little boy. Help him be a friend to others and for others to be a friend to him." Something gets lost in the translation and I am instantly transformed into the neurotic housewife sitting in her '60s station wagon screaming"Don't do drugs!". Hopefully God just shakes his head and says, "It's okay, I know what you meant".

For all of you with little ones I hope that their sweet little innocent hearts are protected and they are having a great school year so they don't have to hide in the bushes as you drive away screaming motherly words of advice!

2 comments:

  1. What would we do with our time if it weren't for worrying?! All we can do is provide them a solid foundation and then it's up to them to make the right decisions. We've all made some bad ones but we've learned from them to mold us into who we are today. It's easy for me to say all of this now. Just wait until my little ones become teenagers and then I'll be singing another tune (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha love this!! hope the school transition has gone okay!

    ReplyDelete