8.25.2010

"You Just Wait"

I think those three little words may be the meanest spoken in the English language in regards to raising children. Even after having one already, it is no different the second time around so far and I usually end up with a face like this:

which is brought on by the recounting of a random situation of someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows someone. Unsolicited advice is perhaps the most annoying kind, and most of the time it is coming from people who have absolutely no business opening their mouths about the weather, much less parenthood. Believe me, I know to "sleep now because that will be over in December" so why do people insist on sharing nothing but horror stories now if this is the last little bit of restful slumber I can hope to enjoy for a while?

4 comments:

  1. I DONT KNOW!!! If one more person had told me to "get some sleep, Ill need it" before Georgia was born I was seriously going to punch them in the face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was the most annoying piece of advice- AND I was on bedrest my last 7 weeks so if I heard "enjoy it now, it will be over soon" I thought I would throw up! Arrgghhh!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!! You are so right! I got so tired of hearing those exact same things I could've screamed by the time I was in my second trimester! Some people shouldn't really say much except Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen girl! Seems like the people who offer the most parenting advice are the ones who don't have kids.

    Now...go get some rest. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard that all the time when I was pregnant with my last child. I never understood why all the unsolicited advise given to me when I was pregnant was so negative! I make a point to only say positive things to pregnant girls. You should enjoy being pregnant it is such a sweet time in your life!! As my hubby always says, "you can sleep when your dead"

    ReplyDelete