That is is their dream cast for the movie version of Kathryn Stackett'sThe Help.
* Anne Hathaway as Hilly
*Oprah as Abileen
* Claire Danes as Skeeter

What do you think? Did you love the book? Will this cast do the characters justice? Personally, I'm all done drinking the Oprah koolaide and think that wrapping her show up in a year is a good thing(and I NEVER thought I would say that). I think maybe Hilary Swank as Skeeter, keep Anne Hathaway as Hilly, and maybe Alfre Woodard or Jill Scott as Abileen. Who would you cast and will you see the movie?
Alfre Woodard was who I pictured the WHOLE time I read the book. Abileen is go gracious and so humble, I just can't see Oprah in that role. I like the idea of Anne H. as Hilly. I pictured Leelee Sobieski as Skeeter. I don't think she's the best actress, but she has that awkward beauty.
ReplyDeleteI loved the book and cannot wait for it to become a movie!!
Interesting choices. I will have to think about this...LOVED this book and can't wait to see the movie whoever is in it!
ReplyDeleteFABULOUS book. Can't see Oprah as Abileen. Claire Danes and Anne Hathaway are good picks for those roles. I can't wait to see that movie either.
ReplyDeleteAwesome book! Can't wait to see the movie!
ReplyDeleteUgh, I so need to find time to read this book, I have heard nothing but great things!
ReplyDeleteI definitely would not choose Oprah -- she is not a fave of mine. I love Anne Hathaway, but I don't know if I can see her as Hilly -- she's too skinny. I can't come up with my perfect Skeeter, either.
ReplyDeleteI do know I will be seeing the movie when/if it comes out. The book was awesome!
We read this book for Book Club and I LOVED IT! It was probably my favorite of the year. I'm looking forward to the movie.
ReplyDeleteJo
one of my favorite books... will definitely see the movie. Oprah would not have been my obvious pick but I bet she will do a wonderful job!
ReplyDeleteJust found your blog and have to agree about Oprah, I'm over her. She is so self righteous in my opinion, I'd love to see another wonderful actress like Loretta Devine play Abileen instead. I also happened to picture January Jones as Hilly, Claire Danes would work great as Skeeter though! I also can't remember their other friend but think that Ginnifer Goodwin would portray her well. Can't wait to read more. .
ReplyDelete