This should probably be titled "You were dumb enough to buy a nice piece of furniture with a little boy running around, so naturally rectifying this situation won't be easy", but I liked my title better and it shifts the blame to not lie completely with myself. I want a change in our family room. What we bought brand new just 2 short years ago now seems like it should belong in an English pub or a law library (love both settings, just not while Im watching Desperate Housewives). I think I overcompensated with the manly plaids and richer colors that now it just feels old. So I want to lighten it up. Make it a little more fun, nothing too crazy. I called Norwalk( where we got the furniture) to price getting slipcovers made. 3 days. not a word from anyone with a price or a timeframe. You can walk into Calico Corners, a consultant pulls out a binder and can tell you how much fabric you will need, the price, and a turn around time in a matter of minutes. I guess once they found out that I wasn't going to be spending money on furniture I got knocked to the bottom of the priority list. If you are furniture shopping, just skip over this option and head somewhere you get called back. This is actually pretty laughable because when I was ordering the furniture the saleslady was trying as hard as she could to act as uppity and bitchy as humanly possible, urging me to completely break the bank because "your home is your canvas"(I swear I almost put that on a shirt for her) and then 3 weeks later I saw her working at Sheetz (I swear...nothing wrong with Sheetz, but I just have a very hard time seeing her career change from interior designer to gas station attendant going smoothly). Thanks for letting me rant, I am just really anxious to get this process started......so, Harriet, CALL ME!!10.22.2009
Norwalk.....just keep walking!
This should probably be titled "You were dumb enough to buy a nice piece of furniture with a little boy running around, so naturally rectifying this situation won't be easy", but I liked my title better and it shifts the blame to not lie completely with myself. I want a change in our family room. What we bought brand new just 2 short years ago now seems like it should belong in an English pub or a law library (love both settings, just not while Im watching Desperate Housewives). I think I overcompensated with the manly plaids and richer colors that now it just feels old. So I want to lighten it up. Make it a little more fun, nothing too crazy. I called Norwalk( where we got the furniture) to price getting slipcovers made. 3 days. not a word from anyone with a price or a timeframe. You can walk into Calico Corners, a consultant pulls out a binder and can tell you how much fabric you will need, the price, and a turn around time in a matter of minutes. I guess once they found out that I wasn't going to be spending money on furniture I got knocked to the bottom of the priority list. If you are furniture shopping, just skip over this option and head somewhere you get called back. This is actually pretty laughable because when I was ordering the furniture the saleslady was trying as hard as she could to act as uppity and bitchy as humanly possible, urging me to completely break the bank because "your home is your canvas"(I swear I almost put that on a shirt for her) and then 3 weeks later I saw her working at Sheetz (I swear...nothing wrong with Sheetz, but I just have a very hard time seeing her career change from interior designer to gas station attendant going smoothly). Thanks for letting me rant, I am just really anxious to get this process started......so, Harriet, CALL ME!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment